I'm going to go ahead and ask that you bop on over to the super dino blog Dinosaur Tracking, written by the knowledgable and charming Brian Switek, and vote on today's poll: which dinosaur (from his own list) would you like to see in the long-rumored but stalled Jurassic Park 4?
From his list, I'd definitely want to see a therizinosaur or two. My list:
1. Oviraptor: The first time I saw Oviraptor, it blowed my brain up real proper. Such a strange head, and now that we know it bore feathers, it's time to give it some bigger exposure. One of the great dinosaurs, for sure. Let's see what ILM could do with it.
2. Amargasaurus: Switek's sauropod wish is Nigersaurus. Can't fault that, but I think people would go bonkers for fin-backed Amargasaurus.
Amargasaurus, via Alex 95 @ flickr
3. Styracosaurus: One of the wildest ceratopsians. Heck of a head.
4. Troodon: Always one of my favorites. Maybe not much of a threat to the protagonists, but I'd love to see those big eyes come to life.
5. A clever plot and well-written characters: Perhaps more improbable than genetically engineered dinosaurs.
Who knows if JP4 will ever happen. There have been many rumors over the years. Perhaps the most entertaining was reported at Ain't It Cool News five years ago. Quoth AICN's Moriarty: "There’s the eight-year-old-boy side of me that thinks that a DIRTY DOZEN-style mercenary team of hyper-smart dinosaurs in body armor killing drug dealers and rescuing kidnapped children will be impossible to resist." Read the rest here. I know you want to...