New York, NY, February 9, 2010 –– Birds do it, bees do it, and now with the magic of CGI, we can watch dinosaurs do it. This Valentine’s Day, February 14th at 10pm ET/PT on Discovery Channel, Locomotive Entertainment Group will premiere Tyrannosaurus Sex. The one-hour special explores the mysteries, wonders and newest evidence surrounding ritual courtship and mating habits of dinosaurs. How did a ferocious T-Rex woo his lady? How did a female Titanosaur support the weight of a male who was as long as a four-story building is high? How did a Stegosaurus couple negotiate sex with all those deadly plates and spikes?So many burning questions.
“It is something they never showed us in the Jurassic Park films, that much I can tell you,” said Director and Locomotive President Gabriel Gornell. “Throughout the production process the support we received from the team over at the Discovery Channel has been unbelievable. We could never have pulled this off without them. “
Tyrannosaurus Sex doesn’t just answer the questions, it shows dinosaur sex in all its glory with state-of-the-art CGI animation. The scenes created for the special are all based on fact. Interviews with scientists on the cutting-edge of palaeontology bring new life to one of the last mysteries of these mighty giants.
- Why is it always "the magic of CGI?"
- Has anyone ever made a serious claim about dinosaur "ritual courtship?" At least the blood n' guts pseudodocumentaries have some physical evidence to back them up.
- What kind of a non-quote is that from Mr. Gornell?
- What facts are the animated scenes based on? The fact that animals get it on?
- "One of the last mysteries?" Who thinks that?